Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Student of the Month Story

   First time ever, sophomore, Brian Anicua talks about his accomplishment of getting the March Student of the Month award. Earning the award takes hard work and dedication; a few qualities that Brian has. Bowie High school's school board has been doing this once a month since 2014 to reward the students who have worked hard to succeed greatly in academics. The winner was announced the morning of April 4th. 
   Anicua strives to be top of his class in hopes of going to a great college. The school board felt that it was time to reward him after noticing his partake in the National Honor Society, Volunteering at the tutoring center, and his astonishing grades. Friends and family are proud of Anicua and how far he's gotten in and out of academics. 
   Bowies new Student of the Month was surprised at the announcement of his winning. 
   "I felt really accomplished and I didn't expect to win so it was really refreshing," said Brian Anicua.    
   Brian looks forward to using his Student of the Month reward.
   "I will take off all of the stupid rules around here so we have more freedom as students," said Anicua. 
   Teachers of Anicua were very happy for him.
   "I think he's a great student and deserved this award," said Anicua's english teach. "I could tell he had been working for a long time to achieve it."
    Brian is excited about how Student of the Month will affect his future. 
   "I am most excited about being at a higher level," said Anicua.
   Anicua thinks getting the award will help him to work harder.
   "This can push me to work harder, because I will know that I can do it.. since I will have won before," said Anicua. 
   The next Student of the Month will be announced on May 4th.
   
   


No comments:

Post a Comment